WINGS Resale Store Open Announcement
Effective June 1, 2020
WINGS Resale Stores in Niles, Arlington Heights and Schaumburg are reopening in accordance with Restore Illinois Phase 3 reopen rules. Your health and the health of our personnel are the most important priorities. We want you to feel safe and comfortable when you are shopping or donating. Our dedicated staff are making updates to our stores and the way we serve you to create a store environment that’s safe for everyone. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to make our stores as safe as possible. There will be new sanitization and social distancing policies in place to protect the health and safety of everyone. Precautions will include enforcing social distancing by limiting the number of shoppers in the store, helping customers remain at least six feet from each other, frequent cleaning of high-contact surfaces, providing masks and gloves for staff and requiring use by customers. We have placed Plexiglas shield guards at registers.
Our goal is to ensure that you, your fellow shoppers and our personnel stay safe and healthy during this time.
Our internal policies and procedures are based on the following validated set of public health guidelines:
- CDC Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- OSHA Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- IDPH Illinois Department of Public Health
- State of Illinois Restore Illinois Plan
Hours of operation have been reduced in order to thoroughly disinfect our stores after hours.
Arlington Heights Resale Store
1302 N. Rand Rd.
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Schaumburg Resale Store
300 W. Golf Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60195
Niles Resale Store
8349 W. Golf Rd.
Niles, IL 60714
Resale Store Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10am – 5pm
Sat: 10am – 4pm
Sun: 11am – 4pm
Starting June 1, 2020, if staffing levels are not at full capacity to promote a safe environment, the following decisions may be reached for individual stores on a daily basis:
- Stores are subject to close
- Store hours can be reduced
- Donation centers can be closed
- Donation hours can be reduced
Please feel free to call if you need to verify if your store of choice is open.
Can I still donate to WINGS?
WINGS is in need of your donations. Donation procedures will be different than how you have previously donated items.
- Our team will process donations with new safety procedures such as offering contactless, self-serve donation drop-offs to minimize direct contact.
- To ensure donations are safe for sale, WINGS staff will handle donations with personal protective equipment.
- The team will utilize a variety of sanitizing supplies, and setting aside donations for a period of time to protect the health and safety of employees and the public.
- We prefer clothing donations, shoes, purses, jewelry and soft items in sealed plastic bags.
- We prefer household items to be in sealed boxes, if possible.
Will there be other significant changes that promote safety?
- High Touch areas will be cleaned throughout the day
- Fitting Rooms will be closed during Phase 3**
- Public Bathrooms will be closed
- Donation Slips will be self-serve
- Donation Slips can be accessed on our website
- Credit Card machines will be self-serve (Signatures will not be required)
- Receipts will be self-serve
- Non-touch system frequent buyer programs will replace frequent buyer cards (See the store manager for details)
- Stores must not exceed customer capacity limits: 5 customers per 1,000 SF
Store Customer Limit
Schaumburg Resale 40
Niles Resale 35
Arlington Heights Resale 25
**Returns and Exchanges of clothing while Fitting Rooms are closed.**
Thank you so much for shopping with us! While we hope that you are satisfied with your purchase of clothing without a fitting room, we understand that items might not fit quite right. We will have a flexible return policy for clothing items that need to be exchanged or returned. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as this is an extremely challenging time for the WINGS family of resale stores. We are so grateful for your support and purchases!
Additional Measures to promote customer health and safety
- Signage on the front door letting customers know about changes to our policies.
- Signage at checkouts reminding customers of social distancing recommendations.
- Signage at donation centers communicating new procedures.
- Sanitizer available with at least 60% alcohol.
- Customers must wear face masks in the store. Face masks will not be made available for customers who do not bring one.
- Products that have been worn by a customer (such as clothing or jewelry) shall be sanitized before being returned to inventory.
- Customer contact areas (i.e., door handles and buttons) shall be sanitized every two hours, or as needed.
- Eliminate unnecessary physical contact between workers and customers, and maintain a six-foot distance between individuals whenever possible.
- Six-foot distances with floor tape in checkout lines.
- Remove all unnecessary touchpoints, especially those that cannot be sanitized.
- Adequate trash receptacles and increase trash removal times to accommodate additional waste.
If I am feeling sick, can I still visit my local WINGS Resale Store?
If you are feeling sick, the CDC recommends that you stay isolated at home and leave your house only to get medical care.
In addition, the CDC advises people who are sick to avoid public places, which includes WING locations, to reduce the risk of spreading the illness.
We missed you!!
WINGS services for families fleeing domestic violence are funded, in part, by proceeds from our three resale stores. These stores are known for their selection of high-end donated merchandise. Our resale stores stock a selection of high-quality clothing for women, children and men. In addition, our stores offer an excellent array of housewares, accessories and furniture.