WINGS services for families fleeing domestic violence are funded, in part, by proceeds from our three resale stores. These stores are known for their selection of high-quality, donated merchandise which includes clothing for women, children, and men, as well as an excellent array of housewares, accessories, and furniture.
WINGS Resale Donation Hours:
Subject to change due to conditions/capacity limits. Please call store for more information.
No furniture donations accepted at stores.
WINGS welcomes donations of gently used clothing, accessories, housewares and furniture. If you would like more information about how to donate, please contact:
WINGS Resale Stores in Niles, Arlington Heights and Schaumburg are operating in accordance with Restore Illinois policies and procedures. We want you to feel safe and comfortable when shopping or donating. We appreciate your patience as we work to make our stores as safe as possible. There will be new sanitization and social distancing policies in place to protect the health and safety of everyone.
Our goal is to ensure that you, your fellow shoppers and our personnel stay safe and healthy during this time.
Our internal policies and procedures are based on the following validated set of public health guidelines:
- CDC Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- OSHA Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- IDPH Illinois Department of Public Health
- State of Illinois Restore Illinois Plan
wings resale stores:
frequently asked questions
Do I need an appointment to make a donation?
No. For large donations, it’s suggested to call first to be sure that we can accommodate every donation.
The WINGS Resale staff will do their best to accommodate every donation.
WINGS Logistics Center:
1265 Oakton Street
Elk Grove Village
(847) 519-7820, ext. 354
Logistics Center is currently closed to the public. Please take all donations to the WINGS stores.
What items does WINGS accept/not accept?
WINGS gladly accepts your gently used furniture and household items!
Please call 224-938-3902 or email for information and pick-up service. Attach photos of items to be donated.
Items we gladly accept:
• Gently Used Furniture
• Housewares, Working Electronics, Small Appliances, Linens, Artwork
• Women’s, Men’s, and Children’s Clothing
• Accessories, Jewelry, Scarves, Shoes, Handbags
• In-season Holiday Décor
unfortunately, we cannot accept:
• Executive Desks, China Cabinets, TV Cabinets, Mattresses, Box Springs and Sleeper Sofas
• Exercise or Sporting Equipment
• Hazardous Materials
• Computers and IT Accessories
• Used Stuffed Animals or Large Outdoor Toys
• Encyclopedias, Text Books and Magazines
• Televisions older than 5 years
• Tools, Hard Wire Lighting Fixtures and Building Materials
• High chairs, Cribs, Strollers, Play Pens and Children’s Car Seats
Does WINGS have a pick-up service?
Yes, WINGS provides a free pick-up service of gently used furniture.
To schedule a pick-up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our furniture line at 224-938-3902.
Does WINGS offer delivery service for furniture purchased in the Resale stores?
No, we do not offer delivery service.
What happens to the items that are donated?
Your donated items benefit programs in one of three ways:
1. Your donation will go directly to the participants in our programs to meet their individual needs.
2. Your donation will go to the Resale stores to be sold. WINGS participants receive vouchers to shop at no cost for items.
3. Your donation will go to the Resale stores to be sold and the resale proceeds directly benefit our participants, programs, and operating costs.
What forms of payment do the Resale stores accept?
We accept Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card and WINGS gift cards.