WINGS services for families fleeing domestic violence are funded, in part, by proceeds from our three resale stores. These stores are known for their selection of high-end donated merchandise. Our resale stores stock a selection of high-quality clothing for women, children and men. In addition, our stores offer an excellent array of housewares, accessories and furniture.
wings resale shops:
frequently asked questions
Do I need an appointment to make a donation?
No. For large donations, it’s suggested to call first to be sure that we can accommodate every donation.
The Logistics Center in Elk Grove Village is better suited for larger donations. The WINGS Resale staff will do their best to accommodate every donation.
WINGS Logistics Center:
1265 Oakton Street
Elk Grove Village
(847) 519-7820, ext. 354
Monday – Saturday 9am-4:30pm
What items does WINGS accept/not accept?
WINGS gladly accepts your gently used furniture and household items!
Please call 224-938-3902 or email for information and pick-up service. Attach photos of items to be donated.
Items we gladly accept:
• Gently Used Furniture
• Housewares, Working Electronics, Small Appliances, Linens, Artwork
• Women’s, Men’s, and Children’s Clothing
• Accessories, Jewelry, Scarves, Shoes, Handbags
• In-season Holiday Décor
unfortunately, we cannot accept:
• Executive Desks, China Cabinets, TV Cabinets, Mattresses, Box Springs and Sleeper Sofas
• Exercise or Sporting Equipment
• Hazardous Materials
• Computers and IT Accessories
• Used Stuffed Animals or Large Outdoor Toys
• Encyclopedias, Text Books and Magazines
• Televisions older than 5 years
• Tools, Hard Wire Lighting Fixtures and Building Materials
• High chairs, Cribs, Strollers, Play Pens and Children’s Car Seats
Does WINGS have a pick-up service?
Yes, WINGS provides a free pick-up service of gently used furniture.
To schedule a pick-up, please email email@example.com or call our furniture line at 224-938-3902.
Does WINGS offer delivery service for furniture purchased in the Resale stores?
No, we do not offer delivery service.
What happens to the items that are donated?
Your donated items benefit programs in one of three ways:
1. Your donation will go directly to the participants in our programs to meet their individual needs.
2. Your donation will go to the Resale stores to be sold. WINGS participants receive vouchers to shop at no cost for items.
3. Your donation will go to the Resale stores to be sold and the resale proceeds directly benefit our participants, programs, and operating costs.
What forms of payment do the Resale stores accept?
We accept Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card and WINGS gift cards.
Do the stores have a Frequent Shopper Card?
Yes! Receive a stamp for every $5. When you reach $200, you will get $10 off your purchase. See associate for card and details.