Are you or someone you know being abused?
WINGS can help you!
WINGS Safe Houses provide adult and child victims with life-saving services.
For emergency shelter and crisis assistance call:
For housing and other issues call:
You Are Not Alone...
Did you know that domestic violence is a behavior used to establish power and control over another person? Verbal, mental, sexual and physical abuse are forms that domestic violence can take.
Domestic violence is a crime which crosses ethnic, racial, age, sexual orientation, religious and socioeconomic boundaries.
Domestic violence is not your fault.
Are You Safe?
Safety is extremely important to remember when fl eeing an abusive situation. Below are tips to help you or a loved one plan accordingly:
- Think of a safe place to go if an argument occurs. Avoid rooms with no exits or rooms with weapons.
- If you feel the abuser is following you, go to a police department or public place for safety.
- Keep change or a cell phone with you at all times.
- Think about and make a list of safe people to contact. Memorize their numbers or take an address book with you.
- If you have an order of protection, carry it with you at all times.
- Establish a “code word or sign” so that family, friends, teachers, or co-workers know when to call for help.
- Keep a bag packed with important papers (copies of your driver’s license, divorce decree, mortgage papers, etc.), fresh clothes, and medications. Keep it in a safe place like your car or a family member’s home.
- Think about what you will say to your partner if he/she becomes violent.
Emergency Shelter and Crisis:
National Domestic Violence Hotline/Línea Nacional Sobre la Violencia Doméstica:
TTY For The Deaf or Hearing Impaired/ TTY para los Sordos: