CREATING A FACEBOOK FUNDRAISER
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click Raise Money.
- Select Nonprofit/Charity and choose the WINGS Program Inc. Facebook page.
- Fill in the additional details. Please have the fundraiser end at the end of the day on Tuesday 11/27.
- Sample Title: Giving Tuesday on 11/27 for WINGS
- Sample Description: We have two days for getting deals – Black Friday and Cyber Monday. On #GivingTuesday, we have a day for giving back. I ask that my friends and family mark their calendars on Tuesday, November 27 for #GivingTuesday. On this day I ask that you choose to give to WINGS Program Inc. WINGS is the largest anti-domestic violence agency in Illinois. They provide shelter and family support to people fleeing domestic violence, and also provide services and education to break the cycle of abuse. Their goal is to raise $25,000 on November 27 to provide 250 nights of shelter and food for the children in their two Safe Houses. Ever dollar counts. Please mark your calendars to #GiveHope to the victims of domestic violence this #GivingTuesday. Thank you for your support of a cause that means so much to me.
- Click Create.
Make sure to invite your friends! People who invite friends are 4x more likely to reach their fundraising goal. Make sure to also share on your newsfeed with why your friends should donate. You can also motivate your friends and family by matching their donations up to a limit you choose.
Don’t want to create your own fundraiser?
We created our own fundraiser here. Feel free to share this page on your Facebook page and spread the word!
It is a remarkably sad week as we lost, Dr. Tamara O’Neal, to domestic violence. She dedicated her life to saving others. Yet, her life was tragically taken as she was going to work in the Emergency Department at Mercy Hospital in Chicago. The grief of her family and the families of the police officer and the other young, innocent pharmaceutical staff person who were also gunned down is unfathomable. The cycle of abuse can be very hard to break and for victims of domestic violence, workplaces — even a hospital — are not necessarily safe spaces. The devastating truth is that domestic violence can and does become public violence as well. If you know or suspect that someone in your life may be a victim of domestic violence, please help them now. We have two days for getting deals – Black Friday and Cyber Monday. On #GivingTuesday, we have a day for giving back. Please consider donating to @WINGS Program, Inc. at http://wingsprogram.com/ – the largest anti-domestic violence agency in Chicagoland. They provide emergency safe shelter, transitional housing, and services for victims of domestic violence to help them leave their abused past behind and pave their way to independence and freedom.
Mark your calendars! 11/27 is #GivingTuesday. Please consider giving to @WINGSProgramINC. Help WINGS raise $25,000 to provide 250 nights of shelter for the children they service. Visit http://wingsprogram.com/ to donate.
We have two days for getting deals – Black Friday and Cyber Monday. On #GivingTuesday, we have a day for giving back. Please consider donating to @WINGSProgramINC, the largest anti-domestic violence agency in Chicagoland. Visit http://wingsprogram.com/ to donate.
This #GivingTuesday 11/27 give with your heart AND your head. This Tuesday I will be donating to @WINGSProgramINC to help victims of domestic violence break free from their abusers and break the cycle of abuse. WINGS has a Gold Star Seal of Transparency from GuideStar; a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, and is an accredited nonprofit organization as evaluated by the Better Business Bureau. Please consider donating at http://wingsprogram.com/.
TODAY is #GivingTuesday. My non-profit of choice today is http://wingsprogram.com/ – the largest anti-domestic violence agency in Chicagoland providing a pathway to independence for people whose lives have been disrupted by domestic violence. WINGS provides emergency safe shelter and transitional housing for victims. Who are you supporting this #GivingTuesday? Please consider donating to WINGS.
Logos (right click and save)