- Posted by Sarah Swiston
- On May 31, 2022
- BBB, Candid, Charity Navigator, Chicago, chicago metropolitan area, Chicago suburbs, Domestic Violence, domestic violence agency, domestic violence organization, donations, DV agency, Four-Star Rating, Guidestar, non-profit, non-profit agencies, northwest chicago, Philanthropy, Seal of Transparency, WINGS, WINGS Program
Recently, WINGS has received the highest ratings from non-profit evaluators including Charity Navigator and Candid (formerly GuideStar). For the fifth year in a row WINGS has earned Charity Navigator’s coveted Four-Star Rating. This coveted designation from one of America’s leading non-profit evaluators reflects WINGS ongoing commitment to accountability, transparency and financial strength. WINGS has also earned Candid’s Platinum Seal of Transparency, the highest level, and the Better Business Bureau’s Accredited Charity process.
Charity Navigator states that they evaluate ten times more charities than their nearest competitor and attract more visitors to their website than all other charity rating groups combined, making them the leading non-profit evaluator in America.
In an award letter from Charity Navigator’s President and CEO, Michael Thatcher shares:
“Attaining a 4-Star rating verifies that WINGS Program, Inc. exceeds industry standards and outperforms most charities in your area of work…
…Only 17% of the charities we evaluate have received at least five consecutive 4-Star evaluations, indicating that WINGS Program, Inc. outperforms most other charities in America. This exceptional designation from Charity Navigator sets WINGS apart from its peers and demonstrates to the public its trustworthiness.”
Candid’s Platinum Seal of Transparency
WINGS has earned Candid’s, formerly GuideStar, Platinum Seal of Transparency.
To reach the Platinum level, WINGS added extensive information to its Nonprofit Profile on GuideStar. This information includes:
- High-level agency overview,
- In-depth financial reporting,
- Qualitative data about goals, strategies, and capabilities,
- Quantitative information about results and progress toward WINGS mission to end domestic violence.
By taking the time to provide this information, WINGS has demonstrated its commitment to transparency and providing meaningful data to evaluate the agency’s performance.
Better Business Bureau
Additionally, WINGS is an Accredited Charity by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), meeting all 20 of BBB Standards for Charity Accountability since 2012. Standards include Board Oversight, Effectiveness Policy, Programming and Fundraising Expenses, Donor Privacy and more. For a complete list of the BBB Standards for Charity Accountability, click here.
Ways to Help
Committed to transparency and best practices in non-profit management, WINGS is grateful to maintain trust from our network of donors, volunteers, staff, partnering agencies and resale customers. If you are interested in being part of our solutions to end domestic violence:
As our fiscal year closes, donations are needed now to empower survivors to heal and thrive.
- WINGS launches Survivor Lifeline Mentoring Program
- A Day in the Life of a Children and Family Services Intern
- WINGS Provides One Millionth Night of Shelter and Safe Housing
Thank you to our dedicated community of supporters who have been by our side through the ever-evolving pandemic.