- Posted by Sarah Swiston
- On March 3, 2020
- 0 Comments
- Butterfly Club, chicago metropolitan area, children services, children survivors dv, Domestic Violence, End Domestic Violence, International Women's Day, northwest chicago, Philanthropy, WINGS, WINGS Program
Lena* came to WINGS Suburban Safe House with her two children. Fleeing an abusive situation, she had no income, employment or childcare.
Through working with one-on-one and in groups with WINGS advocates, she was able to move into one of WINGS Transitional Housing units. Determined to build a stable life for her family, in just six months in WINGS Housing, she has secured childcare, a full time job with benefits, and has started to build savings.
Not only is her confidence increasing, but her children are thriving as a result of WINGS services and the stability of having a safe place to call home.
This International Women’s Day, we celebrate women worldwide for their tenacity in bettering themselves, their families and the world. Lena* is one of those women and without WINGS and its partners, she would be in a very different place than she is today.
Join WINGS Butterfly Club and Empower Survivors!
Without on-going support, WINGS would not be able to provide the housing and services Lena* needed. With this support, she overcame the obstacles in her path to FREEDOM and INDEPENDENCE from domestic violence. Everyday, WINGS works with other women like Lena,* and we need your consistent support to provide these personalized services.
A year ago on International Women’s Day, the WINGS Butterfly Club was launched to provide sustainable monthly support for the crucial work WINGS does to break the cycle of domestic violence and provide vital resources for Lena* and others every day.
We want to thank and recognize all of our current Butterfly Club members whose support goes a long way in transforming lives!
Below are monthly levels you can choose from to provide sustainable support for the daily work of WINGS:
- $10/Month – Monarch – Provides a bus pass for a client
- $25/Month – Tiger Swallowtail – Provides a box of diapers
- $35/Month – Red Admiral – In honor of WINGS 35th Anniversary this year, we recommend this amount – Provides Therapy Materials for one child
- $50/Month – Blue Morpho – Provides a weekly parenting class
- $100/Month – Queen Alexandra Birdwing – Provides a night of shelter and food
- Any Amount Not Listed
Click here to join. You can change your giving or cancel at any time!
As a caterpillar transforms into a butterfly, YOU can help a client transform from a life of violence to one of freedom.
*WINGS uses representative names and photos to protect the dignity and security of those we serve.