- Posted by Sarah Swiston
- On May 1, 2019
- 0 Comments
- Domestic Violence, End Domestic Violence, Mother's Day, Mother's Day Gifts, Mother's Day Ideas, non-profit, Shelters, WINGS
Four Mother’s Day Gift Ideas that Empower Domestic Violence Survivors
Are you looking for a special way to honor your mother or an important woman in your life? Mother’s Day is just around the corner – Sunday, May 12th.
Consider these four Mother’s Day gift ideas that will make her smile, while empowering domestic violence survivors:
1. Make a donation in her name.
Honor your mother, mother’s memory, or special woman in your life by making a donation to WINGS in her name.
Your donation will empower domestic violence survivors, many of whom are mothers. Double your impact!… All new or increased gifts will be matched up to $20,000 by a generous donor’s matching grant.
Make a donation and download from one of three Mother’s Day cards to print or email to your loved one.
2. Shop Online.
- AmazonSmile – Are you an avid Amazon shopper? Buy a gift through AmazonSmile (same website and deals as Amazon), select WINGS Program Inc., and a portion of the sale will go towards WINGS’ mission. Shop now at: https://smile.amazon.com/
- eBay – Visit WINGS eBay store and find high quality clothes, shoes, and vintage items:
All proceeds benefit WINGS housing programs and support services.
3. Shop Resale.
Visit one of WINGS three Resale stores in Arlington Heights, Niles, or Schaumburg to find great deals on clothing, accessories, and more.
4. Attend an Event.
- Purple Rain: Spend quality time with your mom at WINGS’ Purple Rain event on Saturday, June 15th from 6:00pm-10:00pm at Aquascape.
This high energy 80s themed evening includes a VIP reception, a Prince Tribute band, local restaurant tasting stations, and many meaningful ways to contribute to WINGS.
- Barrington Mother’s Day 5K: Participate or volunteer at this chip-timed 5K walk/run through the streets of Barrington. Participants receive a rose and cake pop upon completing the course. WINGS will receive a portion of the proceeds.
Interested in volunteering? Contact Bruna at email@example.com